Fighters are the bodies the player controls in order to climb the Tower of Barbs. They are little more than re-animated corpses, powered by the SPLithium battery in their chests. All of them have built-in gas masks over their mouth and nose, presumably to filter the toxic atmosphere of the Tower.
New Fighters can be purchased from the Fighter Depot, accessible from empty slots in the Fighter Freezer. As you climb the Tower, you'll have to purchase new, higher Grade Fighters to increase your strength.
Haters are the Fighters of other players which appear in your session, noted by their Orange names. Ones with Red names are a variant of a Hater called a Hunter, which is someone's Fighter they sent on an Expedition to you directly. One of the biggest differences between Fighters/Haters and the usual Screamers is that they can equip Skill Decals.
Fighter Classes and Stats[edit | edit source]
All Fighters have a Grade and a Class, and can gain EXP to level up their stats. Higher Grade Fighters are able to become much stronger than lower Grade Fighters. Higher Grades are unlocked upon climbing high enough in the Tower. Once a Fighter gains enough EXP, they may level up using the Mingo Head in the Waiting Room.
There are 8 different Classes of Fighters that you can choose from. Each class has their stats weighted differently than the others, making each of them fill a different role.
For exact stat differences, check the tables on this page.
Each Fighter has 6 different stats:
- HP: Hit Points. The total amount of Health a Fighter has.
- STM: Stamina. Affects how often a Fighter can attack, roll, or sprint before getting tired. Haters do not get tired.
- After using all of your Stamina, your Fighter becomes Hungry and gets tired very quickly. You must eat a Beast to go back to normal.
- STR: Strength. The damage multiplier for weapons that scale with STR damage.
- DEX: Dexterity. The damage multiplier for weapons that scale with DEX damage.
- VIT: Vitality. Determines how much damage you take is reduced (along with your Defense stat from Armor).
- LUK: Luck. Increases the amount of Kill Coins picked up, as well as your base Critical Hit chance.
- Does NOT increase the odds of finding Blueprints, item drops, or pulling rare Decals from the Mushroom Stew.
- Certain Classes have a higher Death Bag size and Skill Decal slots.
- Head Armor pieces raise or lower your 6 base stats.
- Weapons and Armor have Stat Requirements to equip them. Helmet bonus does not count towards meeting the requirement for being able to use gear.
The 8 Fighter classes are:
- All-rounder: All abilities are balanced. Each attribute can be raised equally.
- Striker: Specializes in close-range attacks. HP and STR are prioritized.
- Defender: Specializes in defense. HP and VIT are prioritized.
- Attacker: Specializes in attacking. STR and DEX are prioritized.
- Shooter: Specializes at shooting. DEX is prioritized.
- Collector: Specializes in collecting materials. Death Bag capacity is high.
- Skill Master: Specializes in skill expansion. Has many Skill Decal slots.
- Lucky Star: Specializes in increasing Fortune. LUK is prioritized to increase.
EXP Tips[edit | edit source]
Higher Grade fighters need more EXP to reach their max level, so getting EXP quickly is important.
For exact EXP requirements, check the tables at the bottom of this page.
- Equip the Turbo-charged Engine Skill Decal for +10% EXP, obtained as Lost Bags, and Nitro Boost Skill Decal for +40% EXP, obtained as an Express Pass Login Bonus.
- Kill enemies. Higher level enemies will grant more EXP.
- Crush/eat Golden Beasts for a large amount of EXP. Crushing them will let you keep their respective Shroom.
- Golden Beasts can be found from Login Bonuses, Uncle Prime, Lost Bags, or from certain Tower floors.
- Golden Snail: 2-3 will always spawn in 13F Okusa on Tuesdays/Saturdays. Throw another Beast at them to knock them down. They cannot burn.
- Golden Scorpion: 18F Tata.
- During the Spring event, Eggshrooms will appear in the Tower, which can be eaten for EXP.
Unlocking New Fighter Grades/Classes[edit | edit source]
Grade 1[edit | edit source]
- All-rounder: Unlocked from the beginning.
- Striker: Reach 6F.
- Defender: Reach 10F.
- Attacker: Reach 10F.
- Shooter: Reach 10F.
- Collector: Reach 6F.
- Skill Master: Reach 9F.
- Lucky Star: Reach 9F.
Grade 2[edit | edit source]
- All-rounder: Unlocked after killing the 10F Don, Max Sharp.
- Striker: Reach 11F.
- Defender: Reach 12F.
- Attacker: Reach 12F.
- Shooter: Reach 12F.
- Collector: Reach 11F.
- Skill Master: Reach 13F.
- Lucky Star: Reach 13F.
Grade 3[edit | edit source]
- All-rounder: Reach 16F.
- Striker: Reach 16F.
- Defender: Reach 18F.
- Attacker: Reach 18F.
- Shooter: Reach 18F.
- Collector: Reach 16F.
- Skill Master: Reach 19F.
- Lucky Star: Reach 19F.
Grade 4[edit | edit source]
Grade 5[edit | edit source]
Grade 6[edit | edit source]
- All-rounder: Reach 41F (after defeating Taro Gunkanyama).
- Striker: Reach 50F.
- Defender: Reach 50F.
- Attacker: Complete the Quest to build 4 different types of ★6 equipment. Quest unlocks after reaching 50F. Quest works retroactively.
- Shooter: Must have completed the Attacker Quest. Complete the Quest to climb from 41F to 50F without using any 4 FORCEMEN weapons or armor.
- Collector: Reach 50F.
- Skill Master: Must have completed the Shooter Quest. Complete the Quest to defeat Red Napalm on Nightmare difficulty 2 times.
- Lucky Star: Must have completed the Skill Master Quest. Complete the Quest to defeat Black Thunder on Nightmare difficulty 5 times.
Grade 7[edit | edit source]
Level Cap: 180 - 213
Stat Cap: Minimum 30, Maximum 35
TDM Rank: 91 - 100
Grade 8[edit | edit source]
Level Cap: 214 - 247
Stat Cap: Minimum 35, Maximum 40
TDM Rank: 106 - 115
Uncapping Fighters[edit | edit source]
Once your Fighters reach their max stat level, you can spend Bloodnium at the Mingo Head in order to push their stats further. Any Fighter Grade can be Uncapped, but Grade 4 and higher also require Death ’Roids. Grade 6 Fighters may also be Uncapped more than once to become Grade 7 and Grade 8 Fighters. You can even upgrade to add Death Bag slots and Skill Slots!
After Uncapping the stats of a Grade 6 Fighter to their maximum (30) and having unlocked the 3 additional Death Bag slots and the 1 additional Skill Decal slot, you can uncap them further to become a Grade 7 Fighter. They can reach 35 in every stat and unlock 3 more Death Bag slots and 1 more Skill Decal slot. Once that is completed, they can be Uncapped to become a Grade 8 Fighter, who can can reach 40 in every stat and get 3 more Death Bag slots and unlock 1 more Skill Decal slot.
Once one of your Fighters Uncaps their first stat into Grade 7 or Grade 8, it will also raise your TDM Rank. Uncapping either Skill Slots or Death Bag slots first will not cause an increase in rank, until another stat is upgraded.
Though the game treats these Uncapped Fighters as higher Grades, Uncapping them does not increase their numbers of Stars, meaning they will always have 6.
Uncapping a Grade 6 Fighter can take the level cap much higher:
- Grade 6: Level 144-179~
- Grade 7: Level 180-213~
- Grade 8: Level 214-247~
Fighter Stat Tables[edit | edit source]
Fighter Experience and Death 'Roids Tables[edit | edit source]
|†Grades 4 & 5 do not uncap into the next highest Grade.|