Gyakufunsha or Gyaku-Funsha, sometimes called the "Wandering Shop" or "Secret Shop" by players, is a mobile shop run by the former black market weapons trader, Kommando Kawasaki, and is the sister shop of Chokufunsha, run by his twin brother Kommodore Suzuki. Gyakufunsha sells R&D Materials and Blueprints across multiple areas of the Tower of Barbs, with different stock depending on where you find it. The materials he sells can often give climbers an edge in upgrading equipment faster and sooner than without the help of the shop.
Gyakufunsha can only appear on specific Shop floors, denoted on the map with a dotted-line shop icon. When reaching these locations, the dotted line fills in and becomes solid black if Gyakufunsha has appeared, but the shop appearing is not guaranteed. The shop's stock is different depending on the floor it appears at, and only 1 of each item can be bought at a time. Gyakufunsha will leave 1 Hour after being found, and may not always re-appear at the same floor. Even after an hour, the icon does not update automatically, and the player will need to move floors before the icon changes. Only one instance of Gyakufunsha may be active at a time.
However, due to the permanent Tectonic Terror event "Gyakufunsha’s Moving Cart!!", Gyakufunsha will always appear on 3F OMOKI and 27F YUKIYOSHI on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, with higher quality items in stock. 1 Hour still needs to pass after entering the floor before the shop will restock on these floors. Moving with an escalator must still be done to make the shop restock.
Locating Gyakufunsha[edit | edit source]
Gyakufunsha is not "hiding" on a floor until the player happens to find it. The shop can only appear when a player visits a shop floor to look for it. The shop will only appear on specific shop floors, and some floors only appear on certain days of the week. Gyakufunsha can only exist in one location at a time; once it appears on a floor, 1 hour must pass before it can appear anywhere else. When Gyakufunsha has left, the icon on the map will once again fade. The map will not update to reflect that the shop has left until the player changes locations by moving up or down a floor.
If Gyakufunsha has appeared:
- The shop will remain in that location for 1 hour, based on the time the player entered the floor.
- During this hour, the shop will not move locations or restock, even if the player changes floors.
- After an hour, the shop will leave the location it was at and restock (once the player changes floors).
- When re-entering the floor the shop originally appeared, there is a chance for it to appear again on the same floor. This is most commonly seen with the shop floors on 3F and 27F, as those shops are nearly guaranteed to appear.
If Gyakufunsha did not appear:
- If a player arrives at a shop floor, and the shop has not appeared at the desired location, the player must do one of the following. Returning to the same shop without performing either of these actions will not provide another chance for the shop to spawn.
- Return to the Waiting Room, then return to that location again.
- Travel to another Gyakufunsha shop location.
- Before returning to the Waiting Room, every shop floor visited where the shop doesn't appear will increase the odds for the next shop visited to appear.
- The absolute cap for this is 4 shops. For example, if you visited 3 different shop floors in a row, and they were all empty, the 4th shop floor you visited would always appear.
- In practice, shops will typically spawn by the time you check the 3rd location.
Items and Prices[edit | edit source]
Gyakufunsha only sells 1 of each item offered at a time.
|1-Star Materials ★:||Iron Scraps, Aluminum Scraps, Clump of Copper Scraps, Veneer Plank, Waste Oil|
|2-Star Materials ★★:||Wire Mountain, Aluminum Can, Piece of Broken Copperware, MDF, Vegetable Oil|
|3-Star Materials ★★★:||Mass of Iron Bolts, Aluminum Engine Part, Copper Wire Mountain, Rosewood, Crude Oil|
|4-Star Materials ★★★★:||Steel, Pure Aluminum, Pure Copper, Walnut, Mineral Oil|
|5-Star Materials ★★★★★:||Ultra-pure Iron, Aluminum Alloy 7075, Oxygen-free Copper, Mahogany, Chemo-synthesized Oil|
|Fibers:||Cotton, Hemp, Leather, Wool, Silk|
|1-Star Materials ★||2000||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|2-Star Materials ★★||4000||✓||✓||✓|
|3-Star Materials ★★★||6000||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|4-Star Materials ★★★★||8000||✓||✓||✓|
|5-Star Materials ★★★★★||10000||✓||✓||✓|
|Scratch Metal ★||10000||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Bullet Metal ★★||20000||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Hovering Metal ★★★||30000||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Bone Metal ★★★★||40000||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Reversal Metal ★★★★★||50000||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Blue Faction Metals ★||20000||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Green Faction Metals ★★||30000||✓||✓||✓|
|Black Faction Metals ★★★||40000||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Red Faction Metals ★★★★||50000||✓||✓||✓|
Blueprints[edit | edit source]
Weapon and armor blueprints can be purchased from the Wandering Shop. Each shop will only offer up to three blueprints at a time, and will not sell any more until the shop is respawned.
These blueprints are not randomly stocked — there is a predetermined catalog of blueprints at each location. Within this prearranged stock, there are two fundamental criteria that determine which blueprints are available for purchase at any given shop:
- the floor that the shop is found on, and-
- any blueprints that the player has already discovered and turned in.
Regarding the latter condition, the shop will only sell blueprints that the player has not yet found and submitted to Choku-Funsha. To reiterate: Unidentified blueprints that the player has found in the tower and not yet deciphered can still be stocked and purchased in the Wandering Shop! Turn in your blueprints at the Waiting Room before you make a trip to the Wandering shop!
The former criteria is more complicated. As explained in the main article devoted to Blueprints, there are certain locations that one may find any given blueprint in the game (at least, among those that can be found in chests throughout the Tower of Barbs). The same is also true for the Wandering Shop. In general, wherever one encounters the Shop, one should expect to be able to purchase any blueprints that can drop from the nearby floors.
- Note that on the Blueprints page linked above, some blueprints are found only in subsections of an area (eg. only 2-5 or 6-10, but not the entire 1-10 area). The same is true for shops.
- As an example, the Rogue Armor set is only found on floors 6 through 10 of the tower. It cannot be found below floor 6. Therefore, the 3F and 5F shops do not carry the Rogue Armor set blueprints.
- In order to find a blueprint at a given shop, it must be able to be found on that floor. Make sure to examine the list of Blueprints found on that page to determine if the shop you are visiting can sell your desired blueprint!
Once the player has exhausted the entire catalog of blueprints available at that location, the shop will no longer sell blueprints at that location.
The cost of each blueprint is the same for all players, but is assigned by no discernible pattern. Blueprints are available at three price points: 30,000, 60,000, and 120,000 KC.
|Trucker Set||30000 ea.||3F OMOKI5F DENDEN-CHOFU|
|Texas Farmer Set||30000 ea.|
|Heavy Hitter Set||30000 ea.|
|DIY Attack Set||60000 ea.|
|Doctor Drill Set||120000 ea.|
|Dark Ryback Set||30000 ea.||7F MEGASHI-KOYA9F YONEGUCHI|
|Special Forces' Set||30000 ea.|
|Guerrilla Blaster Set||30000 ea.|
|Rogue Set||30000 ea.|
|Steel Soldier Set||60000 ea.|
|Road Shocker Set||? ea.||? (3, 5, 7, 9)|
|Steel Tribe Set||120000 ea.||14F KOSHI-TAGAWA|
|Knight Set||60000 ea.|
|Night Scout Set||120000 ea.||14F KOSHI-TAGAWA17F NUTAKOEN|
|Priest Set||30000 ea.||17F NUTAKOEN|
|Assault Force Set||? ea.||? (14, 17)|
|Phantom Soldier Set||? ea.|
|Barrett Punisher Set||? ea.|
|Sengoku Set||? ea.|
|Agamemnon Set||? ea.||24F MORIBA27F DAIMON-MACHI27F YUKIYOSHI29F TEMAE-JIMA30F HIKIAGE|
|Clay Figurine Set||60000 ea.|
|Hard Puncher Set||? ea.|
|Splatter 13 Set||60000 ea.|
|Arc Welder||?||24F MORIBA|
|Fire Rod||?||27F DAIMON-MACHI27F YUKIYOSHI29F TEMAE-JIMA30F HIKIAGE|
|Power Stomper Set||120000 ea.||33F UCHINOBU39F HARATSUKA|
|Iron Eagle Set||? ea.|
|Paladin Set||? ea.|
|Motocross Set||? ea.|
|Killer Wrestler Set||30000 ea.|